of Gold gifts, Jewellery and Souvenirs
8a Lydiard St North, Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Telephone/Facsimile: +61 3 5333 4242
>> view cart
Friday 20th Jan, 6:09am
Christmas Trading Hours
We will close at 3:30pm Saturday 24th December (Christmas Eve)
10am on the 4th of January.
We wish all of our customers and friends a safe and happy Holiday Season.
Merry Christmas to ALL.
Like Us on Facebook to keep upto date with when will be -
Open, Closed, What's On, What's new.
Welcome to The Mining Exchange Gold Shop website
Welcome to the Australian Native Gold Pty Ltd site for the world famous Ballarat award winning business, “The Mining Exchange Gold Shop”.
We were the first to create a web site for gold nuggets in early 1993, and The Mining Exchange Gold Shop has been open and successfully helping people with their golden needs from all over the world for more than 10 years. The nuggets we offer and the gold nugget jewellery we manufacture locally are spread through out the world. Please feel free to enter our web site, or do like tens of thousands of people have, and call into The Mining Exchange Gold Shop at the front of the Historic Mining Exchange building in the heart of Ballarat, Victoria, Australia.
177 Ounce Nugget Found In Ballarat
Have you heard about the 177 troy oz. gold nugget (5,505 grams - 5.5kgs) found by a prospector with a hand held metal detector near Ballarat, Victoria, Australia on January 16, 2013.
We would like to thank every one from around the world for their expressions of interest in purchasing this nugget, we have received many genuinely good offers. This magnificent, 177 ounce natural nugget is officially Sold.
Please email us if you are interested in going onto our contact list to be notified first about other natural nugget finds!
For Media Contact Click Here
We Are Proud To Be An Authorised Garrett Dealer!
Garrett ATX Extreme Pulse Induction Detector
The Garrett ATX is the ultimate multi-frequency detector for all terrains and extreme conditions (highly mineralized ground, saltwater, etc.). It features advanced pulse induction technology, a durable design that meets military specifications, and a new DD coil design for extreme and uniform sensitivity - from tiny gold pieces to larger gold nuggets. The ATX is ideal for gold prospecting, relic hunting in highly mineralized soils, shallow water coin and jewelry hunting, and even for industrial applications. The ATX includes Motion and Non-Motion Modes, Advanced Ground Balance, LED signal strength indicator, Iron Check, and much more.
The ATX provides maximum detection on all targets at the same time. No need to switch modes to enhance detection of one target while degrading another.
The ATX can be operated with its stem fully extended, fully collapsed, or anywhere in between.
The Searchcoil can also be locked in 90° orientations to scan embankments or walls.
No extreme pricing. Just extreme performance !
- LOCATES TINY GOLD NUGGETS THAT OTHER PI DETECTORS MISS
ADVANCED NEW DD SEARCHCOIL
- PROVIDES ENHANCED DETECTION OF SMALL ITEMS & EASY PINPOINTING
ALL TERRAIN USE
- WATERPROOF TO 10 FEET
ATX KEY FEATURES
- Maximum Detection on all targets at the same time. No need to switch modes to enhance detection of one target while degrading another.
- Advanced Ground Balance: has wide range to ground balance from heavily mineralized ground (ironstone) to saltwater without switching to special modes.
- Exclusive Design DD Searchcoil: enhances detection of small items without having to slow down the scanning speed of the coil.
- Motion and Non-Motion Modes: provides optimum performance based on your hunting preference and conditions.
- Fully Collapsible: the ATX can be operated with its stem fully extended, fully collapsed, or anywhere in between.
- Quick Iron Check feature and adjustable Discrimination
- Ground Track with 4 settings: Chose setting that best handles rapidly changing ground mineralization.
- LED Indicators: show signal strength and current settings.
- External Speaker: built in for option to search without headphones.
- Frequency Scan: auto function for eliminating RFI interference.
- Audio retune: quickly cancel out unwanted ambient signals.
- Volume Control: adjust to limit the response of large signals in order to better hear deep/faint signals.
- NEW Garrett 10" x 12" DD Searchcoil
Exclusive Garrett DD Technology: innovative new design improves pulse detector performance
- Superior ground cancellation
- Enhances detection of small items without having to slow down the scanning speed of the coil.
- Easier pinpointing than traditional DD Coils
- ATX with 12” DD coil
- Land headphones
- Soft storage/travel case
- Garrett Detector Sling
- AA alkaline and rechargeable batteries
- Battery charger
|Circuit Type||Advanced Pulse Indication|
|Discrimination||Adjustable, 25 settings|
|Search Modes||2: Motion and Non Motion|
|Ground Balance Range||From ferrous ground (ironstone) to saltwater|
|Audio Threshold||Adjustable, 25 settings|
|Detection Frequency||730 pulses per second, adjustable|
|Submersion Depth||10 feet (3m)|
|Quick Iron Check||YES|
|Standard Land Headphones||Included: weight 16 oz. (0.45 kgs.)|
|Standard Searchcoil||10" x 12" DD PROformance|
|Length (Adjustable)||20" to 68" (0.51m - 1.72m)|
|Total Weight||5.5 lbs (2.5 kgs)|
|Batteries||8 AA (included); rechargeables also included|
|Warranty||2 Year, Limited Parts/Labour|
New Nuggets Online Now
Cordell has just finalised a new range of stock and they are now listed on the website.
There have been over 50 new Nuggets, Specimem Nugget and Crystals added and show the fantastic range available at The Gold Shop. If you have any question please contact Cordell or the girls at the shop. We hope you enjoy our new nuggets.
"The Golden Globe"
So you have seen the image of the gold nugget globe that I (Cordell Kent) made using a state of the art LaserStar welder. This globe was made as a test of the ability of the Laser welder to work with a difficult medium, to make a difficult shape, using space age technology. The effect is nothing short of stunning. Most people look at the nugget globe and see a roughly round shape, made from natural gold nuggets. Few people think about how difficult this was to make, and the technology that was used to make it.
Read the full story
The Southern Cross, nugget pendant.
I have made a solid 9 ct yellow gold cross, with 5 natural gold nuggets in the form of the star constellation known as the “Southern Cross.”
To the early gold miners on the Ballarat goldfields the Southern Cross constellation was unique as it can not be seen from the countries they had mostly come from. It reminded them that they were in a new country and that this country was full of hopes for freedom and wealth. Read more about the Southern Cross Pendant